I hate to admit it, but I’m a creature of habit. Big time. I tend to wear the same clothes, listen to the same podcasts and gravitate toward the same publications. I like adventure — where we’re constantly thinking of new ways to present our content and impress our readers — I try to keep my own routine predictable. Here are a few of my go-to products during the workweek, so that I can stay on my toes when it comes to everything else.
- This is what I mean about wearing a uniform: I own more than one of these simple, lightweight J. Crew tops. But before you say, “Ugh, boring,” hear me out — these shirts go with everything. Pair it with jeans, tuck it into a skirt, or layer it under a jacket. As for shoes? Try these.
- The best part about this tote bag, in addition to its size and color, is pretty simple: it has a zipper. That’s right, I’m easily impressed (and prone to carrying too many things at once).
- We don’t have an official book club at the office, but we’ve been talking about Emma Cline’s novel for weeks. It has been passed across the desks of four editors so far.
- Not only does Rifle Paper Co.’s stationery look great as art on a bulletin board, but a card can also double as a last-minute letter in case a coworker has an impromptu celebration. Go above and beyond with this envelope.
- I am a sucker for gummy bears, and I try to eat only a handful a week. The keyword there is try.
- An editor who likes coffee? How original! But this delicious one comes in a carton that’s equal parts nostalgic and fun, so you’ll have to excuse the cliché.